To schedule a non-emergency transfer by either ambulance or wheelchair van, please contact our dispatch center at (207) 772-6000.
If you need to fax documents or forms, our dispatch center fax number is (207) 275-2938.
To save time, please have the physician or qualified personnel complete the Physician Certification Statement (PCS) prior to the arrival of the EMS crew.
Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What is the name of the patient?
- What is the patient’s date of birth?
- Are there any special considerations for the transport of this patient?
- Are there any restrictions or special instructions for the driver or ambulance crew when they arrive at the destination?
- Why is an ambulance required for this patient’s transport needs today? What is the medical necessity of this transport?
- Why can’t this patient be transported by wheelchair van or another mode of transport, other than an ambulance?
- Is the patient insured? Who is the patient’s insurance provider and what is their policy number?